.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Beginnings

Ahhh yes, the world of video games. I began my journey with Commodore 64 system, then Atari, PC and now finally XBox 360. I love playing games and yes I am 100% female. I will be reviewing best games out there from the perspective of Polish-American me - Kasia.
My adventures with the video games started with the 2
D games (of course! :)). My favorite one was Bruce Lee. the purpose of this game was to go as far as you could, fight and kill as many enemies as you could and of course have as much fun as you could:).And I'm thinking now, how the hell this simple 2D game was so entertaining?
Atari introduced me to Prince of Persia and i was amazed how realistic were his moves, when he fought, run, and jumped. there was a real story behind the game which was sooooo cooool. the goal was simple, rescue the princes and the given amount of time and you win.
Til now i love racing games and my very first one was Lotus Turbo Challenge. i remember the thrill and joy of kicking my brother's ass.
my
PC's and now also XBOX360 favorite game of all times is TOMB RAIDER.
when back in 1996 I first time laid my eyes on the screen of this game and my fingers touched the computer's keyboard to inhale the live into Lara I became addicted to this game. i finished all the TR's parts, some even few times and each time i love this game even more.





So that's my beginnings and just a small sample of the games that i played, finished, and enjoyed.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM , Blogger mchambrs said...

I love your description of the first time you played Tomb Raider! It really is an awesome game. I can't wait to read your other posts!

 
At May 7, 2009 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous venioo said...

Niezle dziewczyno, zaczynalas prawie tak samo jak ja :) Nawet w te same TR gralas i lubisz Lotusa :) Brawo :) Juz mi sie podoba Twoj blog

 
At May 8, 2009 at 12:38 AM , Blogger dhoine said...

If your favourite game on 8bit systems was BRUCE LEE, you should't write "the purpose...was to...go...fight...kill", because it means (for me) that You've never finished this game!
The main purpose was to find the evil sorcerer and gain his treasure.

Ok - I know, I'm picking holes in you blog ;) But to be true, it's interesting to read about games (on of my favourite hobby) from the woman point of view. I'll try to follow your blog.

See you :)


dhoine

 
At May 8, 2009 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Kasia said...

hey it was a loooooong time ago :) thanks for commenting:) i need some constructive criticism:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home